This gem of a camp, ‘Kipwe’ meaning blessed in Swahili, is revealed amongst gorgeous boulders with sweeping views across the Aba Huab valley in the stunning ancient landscape of the Damaraland desert.
When entering the nine dome shaped rooms you will feel like entering a cool secluded cave, whilst relaxing on the outside decks you once again become one with the breath-taking landscape, connecting you with stunning views beyond. Nestled within these boulders, you are led from your room to your partially open outdoor bathroom where you can enjoy a starlit showering experience. Kipwe’s Suite provides you with all this and yet even more elegance, space and style for discerning guests.
Activities at Camp Kipwe include nature drives to find the desert-adapted elephants, the Twyfelfontein rock engravings and our signature sundowner experience.
At a Glance
9 x Rooms
The twin-bedded rooms are in the shape of rondavels and have boulder, cement and rock walls ensuring that on entry, they feel like a cool secluded cave, and offer outside decks to admire the view. The en-suite, open air private bathrooms are built amongst the rocks, allowing guests to take advantage of our outdoor weather. Hot water is supplied by wood-burning ‘donkey’ boilers and solar geysers.
1 x Suite
The air-conditioned, luxury elevated thatched suite has a private lounge equipped with a satellite television and minibar with drinks included. Large double room with king size bed opens up onto an en en-suite open air bathroom with a lovely bath area as well.
Windhoek’s Hosea Kutako is main international Airport Closest airport to the lodge -Twyfelfontein Airstrip (approx. 15km)
- Twyfelfontein pp one way - N$ 250.00 NETT - 20 minutes
- !Doro Nawas pp one way - N$ 300.00 NETT - 45 minutes
- Damaraland Camp pp one-way - N$ 450.00 NETT - 90 minutes
(If guests stay as part of a 2- or 3-night package, then return Twyfelfontein transfers are included)
- Swimming Pool, built into the rocks
- Lounge and Dining room with stunning views toward the Aba Huab
- Viewpoint & sundowner spot with 360 degrees of breath-taking beauty
- Outside Boma area is used for special occasions and 3-night stays
- Curio shop
- No Wi-Fi
- Cell phone reception
- Electricity with back-up generator. Plugs run on 220/240 volts. Outlets are round 3-pin 15-amp type, or 2 round-pin plugs
- Mastercard and Visa payment facilities. We also accept Namibian Dollars, South African Rands and US Dollars
- Outside viewing deck
- Private, open-air en-suite Bathroom
- Fridge - Only in the Suite with stocked bar
- Tea & Coffee Facilities
- In room safe
- Power - 220/240 volts. Outlets are round 3-pin 15-amp type, or 2 round-pin plugs
- Flash light
- Air Horn (for emergencies)
- Guided Nature Drive – Usually departs at 06h30 and will go out for +/- 4 – 6 hours to explore the surrounding area and search for the desert adapted animals, such as the desert-adapted elephants and desert black rhino. Drinks & snacks are included.
- Twyfelfontein, Burnt Mountain and Organ Pipes Excursion - this usually departs at 15h00 and will last for +/- 2 hours taking in the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein to explore the rock engravings, along with seeing Burnt Mountain and the Organ Pipes.
Optional Activities available in the area for guests to visit – Living Damara Museum.